Always Growing


One of the things that I find interesting about my walk with the Lord is that when I allow Him to work in me, He never allows me to stay stagnant. I add the caveat "when I allow Him to..." because unfortunately, many never allow themselves to stretch and grow. It's easy to be so comfortable in the way things have been that growth never happens.

Yesterday, we had an outreach event at our church. It ended up being a very successful time as we watched different people in our church have the freedom to use their gifts in ministry. We saw lots of new people attend. And it helped to build relationship bonds as we all worked together. 

However, the weirdest thing for me was that I had no role to play in the organizing of the event. In every single church we've been a part of, I've always initiated and led these type of outreach events. The only role I had in this particular one was bringing a dish to share and running the kid's craft booth. It was so different for me and yet, it was neat to see other people do something so well.

God is definitely stretching me here as He has many times in my life. Being stretched is an uncomfortable feeling and yet, I honestly sense the Lord teaching me in each new circumstance I face in my life. 

I could rant and rave and stomp my foot and say, "This is what I'm supposed to do." or "I don't like this." Or I can allow God to mold me into the woman He wants me to be. As I'm experiencing my new normal, I've been praying and asking Him to show me exactly what I can do. Who I can minister to this day and what are the things I need to let go of, and what things should I lean in to.

Growth is hard. Sometimes it's painful and brings tears. Sometimes it's exciting to see how things are being used in my life to bring about spiritual growth.

This morning I'm thankful that no matter how difficult change is and no matter how much stretching may challenge me, it's always something for which to be thankful.

 

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.