Main Dish Scalloped Potatoes


This blog has morphed so much over the years and I realized it's been ages since I've actually shared a recipe here. Scalloped potatoes have always been a great side dish, but every now and then I like to turn them into a main one-pot dish.

I decided to share what I did here. Just a note that I used kielbasa because that's what I had, but you could substitute ham.

Main Dish Scalloped Potatoes

5-6 potatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups of peas
1 package of kielbasa sausage, sliced
1 1/2 cups shredded baby swiss cheese
3 Tbsp. flour with 1 tsp. salt & 1 tsp. pepper mixed in
3 Tbsp. butter
2 cups milk

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees

2. Grease a 9 x 13" pan or Dutch oven. 

3. Layer 1/3 of the potatoes on the bottom, add 1/2 of the onions, 1/2 of the peas, 1/2 of the kielbasa in the pan. Sprinkle 1 tsp. of the flour mixture on top. Top with 1/3 of the cheese and dot with 1 Tbsp. butter.

4. Repeat step 3 above.

5. Top with remaining potatoes and sprinkle remaining flour mixture on top, sprinkle remaining cheese on top of the potatoes, and then dot with the remaining butter.

6. Pour milk over the potatoes.

7. Cover tightly with foil or lid if using Dutch oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.

Enjoy!


Comments

  1. This sounds delicious and I’m going to keep it. We may be hosting 5 extra people for a several month long stay. And I’ll need to cook bigger meals then

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live