Multitude Monday

I will be going merrily along my way in life when out of the blue something will come along that feels like a punch in the gut. I taught a lesson yesterday morning on being quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry from the epistle of James and then turned around and blew it big time yesterday afternoon. One minute I'm sitting and reading, and the next let my temper fly at a family member.

A bit later, apologies took place and forgiveness was extended, but I couldn't shake the sadness that came from letting my temper get the best of me. In the aftermath, I was left dazed as to how quickly the situation escalated. If I had remained calmed, the situation would have diffused. My emotions are so quick to flare up and I'm reminded again of how weak we all are as humans. 

And yet, God also is quick to forgive and show mercy. He is able to heal wounds and reach deep down into our damaged souls and cleanse away the dirt that we wallow in at times. He lovingly places His hand on my head and says, "Let the shame and the blame go." "You are forgiven."

And so I move forward today with a new awareness of how quickly I can stumble and a heightened alertness to pray through this area of my life. 

Mondays are traditionally the day when I give thanks for my blessings and today, I am thankful for God's mercy and His forgiveness. I am thankful that He extends grace to me even in my weakness.


James 1:19-20 ~

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. 

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing.......same thing happened to me today and actually happens more often than I want. My husband just got out of the hospital (10 days with covid pneumonia) and I really was scared he would not make it and today we had our first argument since we both have been sick with covid. He is home on oxyten and stress is really high right now. I felt so ashamed that I let my emotions get out of control and get angry at someone that I am so thankful is alive. How weak and selfish we really are......I guess I am telling this so you will know you are not alone and I appreciate your willingness to be vulnerable and real! Again I am reminded how much I need Jesus and so thankful for his mercy and forgiveness!!
    Love, Mari Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mari Beth, I'm so sorry to hear that he was in the hospital and I understand that stress. When I'm feeling weak or stressed or tired, it's easy to let my emotions fly. I will be praying for you both!

      Delete
    2. Terri, thank you so much!! I don't always comment but I do read your blog often......thank you for sharing your life with us! I appreciate your willingness to be real and share your struggles as well as your happy times!! I relate to you in many ways!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live