October Days










 As the days have grown shorter I've been struggling with an underlying sadness. The one year anniversary of my mother's passing is coming up and there are reminders of that time everywhere.

Memories keep popping up and when they do I'm transported back to that terrible time last year. But there have also been some sweet spots. My sister and her husband called the other day and on their way out west were driving right by our city. I was able to have lunch with them.

This afternoon I was able to have a video chat with my stepfather and his daughter. It was nice to see his face again! But again, sadness settled over me as everything is different.

Despite those feelings, it's been a good month. I've been so incredibly busy. I've written papers and worked on my small group lessons. Today I finished a 6 page paper and then spent the afternoon sewing. Tomorrow I'm working on a message I'm giving on Sunday and will probably do more sewing. I also have 3 pumpkins to cut up and deal with.

As fast as I make something, it sells and that is a very good problem to have! I joke about working in a sweat shop now. This afternoon I made 5 table runners and 2 teapot cozies. 

It's been a very productive month and I fall into bed tired each night. It's a good kind of tired that comes from working hard. I've been going to physical therapy twice a week for my knee and that does seem to help somewhat. I am thankful that my doctor finally referred me to an orthopedic surgeon to discuss options.

The sky has been beautiful and I love the beauty of this season. The colors are becoming muted and the leaves are falling. Thanksgiving plans are in the works. It's amazing how quickly these seasons go by and I'm enjoying it as much as possible.

As I was reflecting today, one thing I know is that God is walking with me through each day and that no matter what I face, that knowledge brings me comfort and peace. 

Comments

  1. My physical therapy did not do much for my torn meniscus. I am going to have arthoscopic surgery on November one. They cant repair it because it is torn at the root. They are going to go in and clear out the fragments. Because of my RA I actually need a partial knee replacement. But I am the sole support of my family (disabled husband). So I can not afford to have that done, needing to work everyday. I am nervous over the general anesthesia more than the surgery itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying for your upcoming surgery, Ellen. Praying it helps iwth the pain level!

      Delete
  2. Your circular mats are so pretty Terri, just right for Christmas tables!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live