Flavorful






Today is the day we decorate for Christmas and we woke up to beautiful white scenery. It's definitely a winter wonderland. 

Thanksgiving was held at a local fire hall so it was a bit different in the sense that we didn't have any decorations (mostly because I forgot them), but the food was good and it was a nice day spent with family. 

Speaking of food, the other day I made an egg, cheese and toast sandwich for breakfast and it was so good! For the past ten months I have not been able to taste or smell ever since I had Covid. Then it morphed into a constant smell of burned coffee and cigarette butts. Now it's settled into 90% of the time I can't taste or smell anything except for brief moments. 

So, the first couple of bites of this sandwich were a taste explosion and then by the end I couldn't taste it at all. It's seriously depressing. I was unable to taste my Thanksgiving meal nor the potato pancakes I made this morning.

Everything is blah and tasteless. However, I keep trying to persevere with enthusiasm for cooking because my family can certainly taste and smell! And they reassure me that my food is as good as always. I can only pray that my own senses return to normal.

However, it was a wonderful Thanksgiving and I'm looking forward to this upcoming season. I took butter out to soften this morning so I can also get started on my Christmas cookies. We are hosting a couple of holiday events so I need to get started!

The snow is falling, Christmas music is playing, and I have plenty for which to give thanks. While I can't taste anything, the Lord is good and that makes my life flavorful.

Psalm 34:8 ~

Taste and see that the LORD is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!

Comments

  1. I could join you in eating that sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be wonderful! I always picture being able to sit down and have tea with some of my blogger friends!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live