'Tis the Season

It's November 11th and Christmas is just a few weeks away. These upcoming holidays and events are my favorite! Thanksgiving, Advent, Christmas, New Year's Eve and Day. It's time to get busy.....er, I mean, busier! 😁

'Tis the season for food! Looking forward to Thanksgiving with Dan's family at a local fire hall this year. No one has a big enough house to host 15 for dinner, so we opted for this. I'm bringing the turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, and 2 pies. Everyone else is filling in with other dishes. 



'Tis the season to fill orders. This week I've been busy making placemats, napkins, KitchenAid mixer covers, and toaster covers for a few different custom orders. 




'Tis the season for Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. We had 5 children at 3D Kids last night and they enthusiastically packed 14 boxes. 



'Tis the season for practicing Christmas songs. That was on last night's agenda at 3D Kids as well. Now if I could just get them to sing standing still rather than rolling around on the floor! 🤣

'Tis the season to start getting my Christmas cookie baking started. I give them as gifts, use them for different events and just plain enjoy them. Though I hope not to enjoy them so much this year. 😜 I need to get the ingredients and get started. 


'Tis the season to plan out Advent readings. My favorite thing to do!

'Tis the season for holiday events! There are different ones coming up and I'm looking forward to participating in our first Christmas parade here. Our church puts out a tent and offers hot cocoa and cookies and a bathroom for the parade participants.

and of course, this year....

'Tis the season to write papers. I have one due tomorrow and one next week. Today's agenda is get the first done since I'll be at my friend's shop all day tomorrow. 


'Tis the season of excitement!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live