Waves











I've spent the past two days getting things done around my house. I'm so thankful for the flexibility I have in my schedule to be able to change things up every now and then and focus on home. 

I focused on my kitchen area and did some rearranging of my furniture to make my sitting area seem less cluttered. I did some deep cleaning and generally just puttered around.

I processed pumpkins that I had sitting on my countertop and as I put the new bags of pumpkin into my freezer, I pulled one out from last year and made some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Dan took them to the college class he is teaching to share with his students.

I did some reading in my shiny clean sitting area for the class I'm taking. I have a paper due this Friday and then another next week so that's been a focus this week. I know I have to get it done by Thursday night because Friday and Saturday I'll be helping a friend at her store. 

I filled an order of 2 KitchenAid mixer covers, a set of placemats and napkins and made a toaster cover for another order. 

I've generally kept busy. The one year anniversary of my mother's passing is coming up and while there is sadness when I think about her, life is busy so I haven't had time to sit and wallow in sadness.

However, yesterday I was hit by a wave of grief. Grief that felt like a gut punch and I couldn't control the tears. I received word that my stepfather's Alzheimer's symptoms have worsened and his children had to make the decision to put him in a nursing home. 

I'm not sure why that triggered all this emotion in me, but I felt loss in a way I haven't since last November. I went to bed in tears and slept fitfully last night. I know grief comes in waves, but this felt like a huge one!

But this morning as I opened my Bible to read and pray, I was comforted by the verses in Psalm 57. My heart is confident because no matter how many waves hit me, I know that God has me in His hands. 

I can truly say this morning that though I'm sad, my heart is confident in the goodness of the Lord. His mercies are new every morning. May you experience that goodness today!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live