Compelled


There have been a few times in my life when I have clearly heard the voice of the Lord speaking into my spirit.

As a teenager, I remember sitting on top of a boulder in the Catskill Mountains where I was raised. It was on the few times when I heard the the Lord calling me into ministry.

Another time was as a college student returning back to the dorm from an evening of ministry in New York City. As our van full of students drove back late at night in silence, I remember gazing out of the window and seeing all the lights in apartment buildings. I clearly heard the Lord telling me that many of those people represented by lights didn't know Him and hearing Him calling me to reaching people for Christ.

As long as I can remember, I have felt compelled to serve the Lord. At times, I get sidetracked by "life", but always have that underlying drive to offer myself to Him to be used as He sees fit on a daily basis.

I'm thankful for confirmation along the way that my calling has not been wasted, nor all in my head. And to be honest, even if it has been for nothing, I would not change one part of the life of service I have chosen.

It has been a life of service to others and to the Lord. I am thankful for His compelling call upon my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live