Randomness


We've gotten quite a bit of snow the past two days and it's been hard to want to do much of anything. Winters are difficult and I do struggle with a bit of depression due to lack of sunshine. However, I find things to keep me busy and I know it will be over in a couple of months. I've been puttering around the house and went to the church this morning and did get quite a bit done there. 

Twinkle lights left up to help get through the winter blues. Not sure it's working. 😉


I'm always doing something in the kitchen and I do find I want to cook and bake more when it's cold outside. Sunday after church I made two batches of chicken potpie and apple crisp. I delivered one to a friend and kept the other for our dinner. 




I had herbs growing on my front stoop during the summer and thought they would probably die over the winter. However, the thought occurred to me that there is a window in the garage and they are heartier herbs (thyme, oregano and sage). So I put them on a small table right next to the window and pour a cup of water in when I remember to do so. They are thriving and it's been good to have fresh herbs to brighten things up.


And of course, I've been sewing when I can. January is always very slow with sales so it gives me time to try and restock some things. 



 

I have a bunch of zoom meetings this week and I do have to say I'm getting very tired of online meetings, but it is the way of the world right now. I'm thankful for ways to stay connected but staring at a screen gets old very quickly. 

I'm building a website for one of our district churches and I always enjoy doing that. It has been an unexpected gift to get hired to do what I love to do.

I don't have a picture for this but wanted to share a trick I found that worked wonders on fruit flies. I noticed back in October about the time that I brought a few plants indoors that all of the sudden I had an influx of fruit flies. 

I found that pouring about 1/2 cup of vinegar in a jar and then adding a few drops of dish soap did the trick. I left it on my kitchen counter and each day there would be about 5-15 dead flies in the jar. After a couple of days I'd pour the liquid down the drain and then repeat the process. It took a few weeks but we no longer have the issue.

Anyway, that's a bit of randomness from my weekend. 


Comments

  1. I will try the vinegar trick. Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chicken pot pie looks delicious. Love the apron you made.
    We have been inundated with snow here too. I had a positive contact with a covid case and my work put me off for 10 days. I have enjoyed the break. My mental health was not the best. The Lord's timing is impeccable as always.
    Stay safe and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa! I woke up with a sore throat and swollen glands yesterday and am laying low and staying away from people for a few days to make sure. I was around a large crowd last week and quite a few ended up quarantining in their hotel room so I'm praying it's not another round of covid for me. Ugh. I hope you have a wonderful week and keep warm!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live