Wednesday Words of Encouragement


Revelation 21:6-7 ~

"He said to me: 'It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.'" 


I've read this chapter in Revelation many times over, but never really noticed these verses. There will come a day when God's work on earth is done. We will be with him in eternity and will drink from the water of life. The verse that really stuck out to me this morning was verse 7. He who overcomes will inherit all of this.

There are so many struggles and trials in this life. We often wish they would end. We often live and wonder when life will get a bit easier. In fact, we live with a number of "whens". 

Life will be better when I get married. It will be better when I have children. When I have a bigger house. When I get that promotion. When my children are grown.

You know what? Life will always be a struggle while we are here on earth. Does that discourage you? I hope not. It shouldn't because we have an eternal perspective.  

There will come a day when all tears, pain, and suffering will be over. If we can overcome life here and persevere in our faith on earth, we have something far better waiting for us in heaven.

We see glimpses of it from time to time. Life is not all hard. There are those picture perfect days that rejuvenate us and give us a taste of what heaven will be like. But life in general is difficult and God calls us to persevere and when we do there is a huge reward waiting for us.

So take courage, ladies, that one day you will no longer struggle. You will no longer mourn or weep or feel pain or illness or death. We will overcome and then be able to drink from the living water. And what a day of rejoicing that will be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live