A Weekend of Love





It has been an eventful weekend. Stephen's 29th birthday, church, the Super Bowl and today is Valentine's Day. It was a weekend of celebration. It was a weekend of love.

Love for my family as I spent most of it in the kitchen, baking and cooking. Love for my inlaws as I sent some Valentine's goodies to them on Saturday. Love for my church family as I put together a platter of goodies for them yesterday. Love for my husband as sports were on the television for most of the weekend. Love for my daughter as I commiserated with her after a slip and fall on the ice ended up with a hairline fracture in her shoulder. Love for myself as I did things that I enjoyed.

I'm thankful for these February events as they help to make the long winter go by a bit more quickly. They are a bright spot in an otherwise dreary month. It's been fun making centerpieces, putting together Valentine's and heart-themed children's lessons, baking different kinds of cookies and candies and celebrations.

February is the month of love and I'm thankful for the love of the Father and the love of my family.

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live