End of the Month Musings


"Deciding what NOT to do is as important as deciding what TO do" ~ Charles Spurgeon







February has been a forced slow-down and reflect kind of month. I've been sick ever since Valentine's Day and my life has come to a screeching halt. And that isn't necessarily a bad thing!

I've had time to rest. Time to reflect. Time to do some of the things I enjoy doing. Time to take a hard look at all of my activities and see what I truly enjoy and feel led to do and where I need to make a change.

I'm taking a class this year which is dealing with spiritual formation. This month I had to watch from home as i was too sick to travel. I am finding it challenging and inspiring and it's been good for my soul. 

One of the things I've been challenged about is stepping up my prayer life, and letting go. More specifically, only doing those ministry activities that I truly feel a burden and passion for, and letting go of those that I have taken on because of guilt or other's expectations or because other people have dropped the ball and I think I have to pick it up. I sure put a lot of pressure on myself for only being a volunteer! 😄

This week as I have stayed home, I have written a paper and read, hosted a small group (which I love), made some sauerkraut, and have made some gifts of vanilla. I have puttered around my house cleaning, cooking, organizing and just plain resting. I have spent time sewing. I went grocery shopping and went to the dentist. We've met with Nathan's care coordinator and I've chatted with and helped my other two kids walk through some different situations. 

The circumstances in my life and now in the world, especially with the situation in Ukraine, are giving me much to pray about! My heart breaks as I see people fleeing from forced war. My small problems are nothing compared to what they are facing. This situation is helping me to step up and pray more.

May God's peace and grace be with you all this coming week as we begin a new month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live