Wednesday Words of Encouragement: Expectation


Do you expect good things from God?  Or do you go through life waiting for the hammer to fall?  Perhaps things are going well in your life and yet, you have this constant sense that it won't last.  That God is just sitting in heaven waiting to catch you unawares so He can spring some new trial on you!

It sounds silly, doesn't it?  Yet so many of us do have that feeling.  There is an anxiety in the back of the mind that  senses that something bad is just waiting to happen.

I love the verses I read this morning in Psalm 65, but verse 4 leapt out at me. 

Blessed are those you choose
    and bring near to live in your courts!
We are filled with the good things of your house, of your holy temple.

A different version said, "We expect good things from your temple," which brings me back to my original question.  Do you expect good things from God?

I usually say, "Yes!" until I'm in the middle of a trial.  Then it's not so easy to trust that He will work it out.  I can get so wrapped up in the problem and focus on it so much that I forget that God is in control.  I fixate and fuss and begin to get sick with anxiety.  I lose sight of the fact that I should be waiting in expectation that God will work it out.

I want to encourage you today to wait in expectation.  Believe that God works all things out for the good of those who love Him and are called. Here is the key though. It doesn't mean we'll never deal with hard things.  But we should be expecting that whatever the outcome, it will be for our growth and our good.

Expect God to work.  Expect Him to show up.  Expect to be filled with good things.  Expect that His plan is for your very best.  He can do amazing things through us when we begin to live this way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live