Working in my Sweet Spot


It went from almost 70 degrees a week ago to 17 degrees today with whiteout conditions. I had to travel to our district office for a meeting I have tomorrow. I am thankful that other than the beginning and end of the 200 mile trip it was uneventful.

I combined this trip with a few other stops and meetings to prepare for a conference I am putting together next month. I also got to have dinner with a friend that I have hardly seen in the the past two years other than on Zoom meetings. That was such an encouragement. 

This trip is a good reminder for me of the following:

1. I love the ministry the Lord has called me to do - not just in the church, but also in our district. I love being able to encourage women in their ministry, and as I am putting together this conference, I am working in my sweet spot. It's a great feeling!

2. I am reminded that I am not alone in the ministry Dan and I are in and I am reminded of how uniquely gifted we are. I was reminded that rather than try to be someone I'm not, I need to be who I was uniquely created to be. As I chatted with a friend and pastor today, he said, "You and Dan are all about relationship in your ministry." Sometimes I feel like we are out of place and it was good to get some affirmation.

3. As I chatted with my other friend, I was reminded that God has empowered me and gifted me with the skills He has given me. I went through the process of consecration a few years back because I knew the Lord was leading me that direction. He has given me the ability to write, speak and teach His word. I want to be faithful to do what He has called me to do. 

I have a couple of days by myself to reflect, write and meditate on God's word. I am able to stay in a beautiful house in by a lake where it's quiet and peaceful. I am thankful and blessed.

As I remain faithful to walk in the path the Lord has laid out for me I am reminded that being in His will is always a sweet spot to be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live