An Overflowing Cup

 


I just returned home after a whirlwind 36 hour weekend with 170 women. So many hours went into planning the event and in a blink of an eye, it is over. And yet, it was the highlight of my year so far. 

It was wonderful to see friends I only see a couple of times a year. But the highlight of the weekend was praying with some dear friends before the start of the evening service. As we prayed, I felt peace wash over me and it was probably one of the most being "in-the-moment" conferences I've been at. Normally, I have difficulty focusing during the speakers' talks and during worship because my mind is on the next thing that will be happening in the schedule. But I was able to truly spend time in worship and hear from the Lord.



I stayed home from church yesterday and spent time alone on my back patio, reading and praying. The weather was beautiful and it was a much needed time of solitude.


I had a good sleep last night and I'm ready to get back into my normal routine. I woke up to birds chirping right outside my window. A pair of cardinals have made a nest in the rhododendron bush outside the window and it was so sweet to hear them. It was a pretty neat way to wake up on a Monday.

My cup is overflowing this morning. This is one of the songs the worship team did this weekend and it reflects my thoughts this morning.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live