Multitude Monday


I have been doing these Multitude Monday posts for years and at times, it seems like a rote exercise. But as I pondered that, I realized that doing something repeatedly solidifies the pattern. 


As I look back over the previous week and reflect on the many ways I've seen God's hand at work, it is a reminder to be thankful in all circumstances. I am practicing an attitude of gratitude for the blessings in my life. It gives me opportunity to speak (or type) the things for which I'm thankful.


I'm not naturally thankful or joyful. I have a tendency, as many do, to see the glass as half empty. This weekly exercise has changed my focus and my attitude. That doesn't mean I'm always successful, nor am I always walking around with a smile, but it certainly has made me a more joyful woman than I normally would be. And that does make me thankful!


This week, I'm thankful for the following:

❤ The opportunity at the beginning of the week to go to a district meeting and stay in this beautiful place.



❤ Safety while I drove through whiteout conditions.

❤ The opportunity to share my what's going on in my district ministry, along with some upcoming goals with our National Office church ministry team.

❤ I got to have dinner with a friend while I was gone and it was nice to catch up, laugh and be encouraged.

❤ The Lord continues to stretch me and helps to heal family wounds from my past that affect my present.

❤  I'm planning an upcoming district-wide women's conference and I'm so thankful for the women I work with who all help with this. 

❤ I am thankful that things are mostly back to normal. I am getting to travel and speak and do many of the things I love and have lost the past couple of years.

❤  The fun of making delicious meals with just a few simple ingredients. 


❤ The opportunity to serve on a committee to work on our National women's ministry handbook. I was honored to be asked. 

❤ I've been able to start walking a bit. I finished physical therapy for my knee back in November and it is doing better. Unfortunately, I probably will not be able to hike or go for long walks anymore because the underlying issue is still there and we have insurance that doesn't want to pay for anything. However, I'm finding that if I go for shorter distances (under a mile) and slow down that my knee is tolerating it. It's been nice to get out and breathe some fresh air.

❤ A gift of beef from a friend.

❤ The strength to churn out papers every single week for a class I took this year. It's coming to the end! 😄

❤ A wonderful worship service yesterday from start to finish.

❤ The fun of blessing a newly engaged young woman from church at her bridal shower.

and finally...

❤ I'm thankful for thankfulness!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live