Sticker Shock Pantry Challenge




 

Dan and I went grocery shopping this morning for the first time in about 2 weeks. Yikes! I knew that prices were going up, but I was shocked at how much things changed in just a few short weeks. Some items were basically the same, but things like butter, maple syrup and coffee have skyrocketed. I didn't even bother looking at the meat since we do have some in the freezer.

The butter price has doubled and that made my decision not to bring cookies to the markets this year an easy one. I believe I'm just going to stick to the craft items this year.

Anyway, this spurred me on to do a pantry challenge for the month of April. My plan is to use up what I have on hand in my freezers, fridge and cupboards.

I am giving myself $20 per week to pick up things like milk, eggs or fresh vegetables, but other than that, I'm going to try to not purchase anything else at the store for one month. 

And God is good. No sooner had I started typing this all out that I got a text from someone saying they left some beef in the freezer at church for us to have. I'm so thankful!

I like a good challenge and so I'm kind of excited to see how I will do with this. Let the games begin!


#foodchallenge #pantrychallenge #useitupfoodchallenge #frugal #frugalliving

Comments

  1. John & I have been sticking up for awhile. Now, with prices continuing to rise we have a bit of a cushion on current prices. The other issue we are running into increasingly more is supply. We shop every 2 weeks. I still have items on my regular list that I have not been able to get for 1-2 months. So when I can get something I by 2 or 3. Covid hit both of us 2 weeks ago. People kept asking if we needed anything. We didn't. We tapped our reserves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth, I'm sorry to hear about your covid episode. Glad you are on the mend! Yes, having items on hand is really important. I couldn't even do this challenge if I didn't have a good supply of items.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live