When Your Monday is Messy

 


Yesterday, people celebrated the resurrection all around the world. When you are celebrating it is easy to put aside your concerns. But what do you do when you wake up to a very messy Monday? What happens when you open your eyes on Monday morning and the same bills are there? Can you be joyful and thankful when the crushing weight of your concerns still face you?

I believe the resurrection of Christ and the hope we have in Him does make it possible. I think if we shift our focus from the problem to Him, then our attitude will also shift. I'm not an eternal optimist just closing my eyes to the issues. But I am choosing to place my hope in the one who can give me wisdom in various situations and can also provide help as I face them.

I can change my attitude from one of depression and despair to one of joy and hope. 

This morning, I still face a huge amount of work before my district retreat that begins on Friday. I still have injured knees and an aching back. We still have a huge tax bill and we aren't sure where the money will come from. And I still long for my loved ones to come to know the Lord.

But I choose to trust God to help me work diligently to check the items of my to-do list. I am working on doing the things necessary to help my knee and back issues and then I am trusting God for continued healing. I am cutting corners where we can and thankful that we can set up a payment plan for the tax bill. And I'm praying fervently that God would draw my loved ones to Himself.

I'm doing my part, but then trusting the Lord for the rest. And then I'm doing my best to keep my eyes off the problems and leaving them in God's hands. And that is why my Messy Monday is turning into a multitude of things for which to be thankful.

This week I'm thankful for the following:

💗 A beautiful full moon.


💗 Wonderful feedback from my Good Friday prayer stations.

💗 Strength to get through a busy week.

💗 Family


💗 Being able to get out and walk a bit. I can only go short distances, but at least I can move! 

 
💗 Peeks of sunshine here and there. It's April in NY so that means one day is 60 degrees and sunny and the next 30 and snowing! 


💗 A son who is working hard to pay his bills. Stephen had to work yesterday, and it was difficult for him to miss spending Easter with his family, but he is doing what he needs to do to make ends meet. We missed him.

💗 I'm thankful for new insights into God's word.

and finally...

💗 I'm thankful for being able to be thankful despite the mess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live