Rambling Odds and Ends


This is going to be a bit of a rambling post. It's raining out today and my energy level is low so it seemed like a good time to ramble! 😀

The sun has been peeking in earlier and earlier each day and it's amazing how much that sunshine affects my mood and desire to get things done. It's been an "at-home" week where I've been able to get some projects done around the house. As much as I say I'm going to pace myself and find balance each day, doing a bit of everything, it never seems to happen. Some weeks are busy ministry weeks and others are much slower paced and spent at home.

I spent one whole day deep cleaning and rearranging our bedroom. Yesterday was spent out in the yard, planting.




I've also spent some time sewing this week. A young friend who is headed overseas gave me some fabric she had from her trip to the country she is going to and asked if I could turn it into something for her. I ended up making her an apron and a teapot cozy. I had the privilege of praying for her while I sewed. She will be working with trauma victims of trafficking.



I am moving slow today, mostly because every muscle in my body is hurting after all the yard work! 😅 

I realize that I had started a "sticker shock" pantry challenge over a month ago and then never posted about it again. Some of that is because I kind of failed at it. I hadn't thought about the fact that Easter was coming up, as well as a birthdays and traveling. But I am happy to report that my freezer is much emptier and I did a fairly good job of using what I have and just buying the basics. I haven't bought meat since the beginning of April.

We are headed to my in-laws on Monday for Memorial Day and I pulled a whole chicken as well as chicken thighs out of the freezer and am bringing pulled chicken, baked beans, a tossed salad and cookies as my contribution to the meal. 

I enjoy cooking and baking and coming up with delicious meals on a shoe-string budget. Here are some examples from the past few weeks.

Chickpea Tikka Masala

Pasta with onions, garlic, brussels sprouts, and tomatoes. 

Spaghetti squash with kielbasa.

Puerto Rican Rice and Beans

I just realized that most of those are vegetarian meals. We do eat meat, but I try to make 2-3 meals a week with a different protein. It helps to stretch the dollars and is healthier.

My sourdough starter had started to breed mold on the sides of the container since it had warmed up considerably in the house. So I threw it out and restarted it this week now that the traveling had ended. It has already started to foam and bubble and I will just keep it in the fridge until I need to pull it out to bake. 

I do love the consistency of the breads, rolls, and other things I make with it. 



One of the things I made when I was going to do the farmer's markets was some homemade whipped body butter. I ended up giving them out as gifts for the women at church on Mother's Day. It goes on a bit greasy, but I really like it. I get very dry and cracked heels and it has worked wonders on my feet!


I'm really happy for the slower pace going on at the moment. It was such a crazy busy year and I didn't realize how tired I was until it came to a stop. I'm trying not to replace the busyness with something else and just enjoy each day that comes my way.

I went to lunch with a friend this week and it was nice to have some time to connect with her in a beautiful setting overlooking the nearby lake. 


My husband and I have been trying to take some time to reconnect as well and I'm looking forward to doing some fun things together this summer. 

Well, that's my rambling odd and ends post today. Many of you have read my blog since I started it back in 2008 and I'm so thankful for the friendships that have formed through this format. I know some of you are going through difficult times with the loss of loved ones and others who are ill, as well as some who are going through other difficult times. 

I'm always thankful for the faithful readers I've had throughout the years. I'm praying for God's blessings upon you today. 

Comments

  1. I do hope you have a wonderful, slower paced summer. I just wonder how you do all you do. My body would ache.
    I don't know exactly how I found your FB page but I remember the reason I started following you was because of your smile. I am so glad that I have been with you a long, long time. You encourage and bless me every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a lovely rambly post Terri. Ive been with you from the beginning of your blog I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have, Barbara! It's been a long time.

      Delete
  3. I always enjoying reading your blog
    you truly are s blessing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live