Wednesday Words of Encouragement

 


Isaiah 41:9-10  ~ 

I brought you from the ends of the earth
and called you from its farthest corners.
I said to you: You are My servant;
I have chosen you and not rejected you.

Do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be afraid, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you; I will help you;
I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand.

I was raised by a single parent in a tiny rural community in the middle of the Catskill Mountains in New York.  Dan was from from a middle class family in a suburb of Erie, Pennsylvania. Yet, we both ended up in a seminary not far from New York City at the same time. God called us not only into ministry, but into a relationship with each other. 

As I read these verses, the thing that strikes me is God's calling and support.  God is not walking in front of us, pulling us, nor is He is walking behind us, pushing us.  He is walking at our side. He is with us, walking alongside us as we go through these things.  He has a firm grip on us.

I forget that sometimes and I'm sure you forget it also.  It's so easy to feel alone and fearful in the middle of a trial or even just every day life. But you are not alone. God tells us not to panic. Don't be fearful. He will give you strength and He has a grip on you. 

The Lord of the universe is watching out for us.  When you are feeling alone, He is there.  When you feel despair, He offers hope.  When you want to give up, He picks you up and carries you.  When things look bleak, He provides light.  When you wander aimless, He shows the path. When you feel sad, He loves on you.

The Lord over all is beside us, encouraging us along.  He is with you in the middle of everyday life and that is encouraging news for all of us today!

Comments

  1. Amen! Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Jan. Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  2. thank you for this post, it is sorely needed in my life right now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad it was a timely word, Linda!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live