Finding Beauty in a Broken World

The past few years, I have been deliberately looking for beauty in my daily life. Because there is so much that is ugly and broken in this world, I find that those glimpses of beauty restore some sense of order. 

The sun rises and sets each day, plants grow, leaves unfurl, and the rain falls from the sky. Things flourish and bloom and then die off as the season progresses. Each season follows the same pattern and time marches on. There is a consistency that happens each year regardless of the chaos going on around us.

Looking for things I'm thankful for each week is a way to put a bit of peace in my day. All around me turmoil is happening and I've been continuing to look for beauty. So this weekly exercise of offering thanks continues. Taking the bits of beauty in each day, pulling them together in a list each week to bring a multitude of hope moments into the mess of the world.

This week I'm thankful for the following things.

💗 A quiet and tranquil forest less than an hour away.

💗 Going through life with this guy. Saturday was our 34th wedding anniversary. I'm so thankful for him and his ability to remind me that God is working even in the middle of chaos.

💗 A nursery full of children this past Sunday. It was so nice to have a full house.

💗 Flowers from my husband. 



💗 Friendship.

💗 
Beautiful pots of flowers on my patio.


💗 A knee that has healed and allows me to carefully hike and walk again. There is no running and bounding for me, but at least I can move again!


💗 Long summer days, full of sunshine.

💗 This old girl who is my morning companion. She is over ten years old, has cataracts, and mostly just lays around but she has a cute personality. We got her for Emily years ago and apparently, I have inherited her! 


And finally...

💗 Little bits of beauty in an ugly world.


Comments

  1. My husband always reminds me the trials I am going through now, it is not the end of the story
    God is not finished yet
    I just need to hang in
    My husband is a true gift

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot to wish you a belated anniversary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live