End of Summer





The corn is high in the fields, there is a golden tinge to the meadow and the sun is setting a bit earlier. All signs that summer is coming to an end and autumn is around the corner.

It was a strange sort of summer here. I didn't sew for most of it, I didn't participate in the markets and there wasn't a lot of formal ministry happening. It was a summer of fellowship with different people and a summer of reflection. 

Our schedule has been turned topsy-turvy with our son's new job. Because he's working nights, we have changed our dinner time to mid-day and he packs a lunch for work. This week I've finally settled into some sort of rhythm with this. Work at the church in the morning, come home and make dinner, cleanup, then spend the afternoon doing some sewing and housework. Then Dan and I have our late afternoon and evenings together. It's actually not been a bad routine. We've been trying to go for a long walk each evening and because we have some time alone we are getting to reconnect.

Our other two children call us almost every day and it's been nice to chat with them about everyday things. Sometimes they call just to tell us about their day. Other times it's for advice. Sometimes it's to complain. :-) But I am thankful that they actually want to talk to us.

Things are starting to rev back up as I have restarted sewing and am putting together a district retreat at the end of September and Dan and I are both busy with church activities and programs starting again. 

But as much as I can, I am getting outside and enjoying the end of this summer. Autumn is my favorite season and I know I'll enjoy that. But winter is coming and so I want to soak up the sun while I can!


 “When summer gathers up her robes of glory, and like a dream of beauty glides away.”

- Sarah Helen Whitman.

Comments

  1. I have a friend who often says "this thing was here for just a season, now we move on". Reflecting on some of your recent posts, I wonder if this has been "a season" of reflection and re-adjustments to your life patterns. Those evening walks of "reconnecting" are so precious, conversations with your children strengthen relationships... As you move into "fall" (we say "autumn" on this side of the pond) may God guide and bless you in your service for Him ❤️🙏😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely say it is a season of re-evaluating and readjusting! Thanks Angela. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live