Planning in Pencil

 

Nothing I have planned for this second week of vacation has gone according to plan. 

Saturday and Sunday I had planned on participating in a craft fair. That had to be canceled as we were dealing with a crisis.

Wednesday and Thursday I had planned on making a trip to visit my stepfather in the nursing home he is in. That had to be pushed back as I was not feeling well much of the day on Tuesday with some sort of stomach issue.

We rescheduled the visit to today and tomorrow only to find out that a few people we know came down with Covid and we were around two of them. I was very disappointed, but was not going to take the chance of sharing that with my 90 year old stepdad. 

So much in life seems as if it's a constant readjusting of our plans. It can be frustrating and disappointing. But I'm trying to learn to be flexible and hold loosely to my agenda. And I'm reminded that God's plans are so much better than mine.

So instead of what I orginally planned, we did the following.

Hiked in the woods. 

Walked by the nearby lake along a paved rail trail.


Went on some scenic rides.


Read a book.

Played Scrabble with my husband.


Went with Nathan to pick up his new car.


Enjoyed pictures from my daughter's vacation. I think hers is a bit more exciting! :-)


Did some sewing. This is a table runner I'm working on at the moment.


It's kind of like my normal, every day life, but I am enjoying it. I keep having a hard time remembering what day it is so I guess that is a good thing. However, I am ready to get back to a normal routine.

My plans went awry, but I'm still thankful for the time we've had to reconnect as a couple and enjoy our time off. 

Ann Voskamp ~

"Maybe we will get to live out our days laughing loud and lingering long and happy around tables in the deepening golden light, or maybe…. maybe we will ache and howl at the moon as our hearts break. Maybe we’ll get to live, to go, to comeback, to rise, or maybe…. maybe we do not.
Plan in pencil. Only God writes in stone."


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It certainly makes my attitude better when I am loose with my plans. :-)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Nathan on his new vehicle.
    God's plans are always better than ours. Accepting that isn't always easy though. Perhaps one day in light of eternity we will see why.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Theresa! I'll pass on the congratulations to him.

      Delete
  3. Oh the lake is beautiful. I love living by the ocean. There is just something about the water that always makes me feel better

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live