Wednesday Words of Encouragement

 






















Isaiah 40:11 ~
 
“He tends His flock like a shepherd. He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; he gently leads those that have young."

Over the past month my heart has ached for my children in different ways. The pain I feel seems to get worse as they get older because as they get older the problems they face are bigger and there is nothing I can do to fix their pain. I have no control over what they are going through. 

As they struggle with job situations, relationship issues, the unfairness of life, I cannot intervene like I did when they were little. The only recourse I have is to offer them counsel when asked and go to my knees in prayer.  I can bring it before the One who can fix their hurts and meet them where they are and answer the questions they have.
 
I love this verse in Isaiah because it speaks to my anxiety over my children.  The Lord gathers up our children in His arms. I picture Him holding them close and whispering, "It's okay."  "I'm here."  He basically just loves them and is patient with them. 
 
The second half of this verse is equally encouraging. He gently leads those that have young. He takes you by the arm and maneuvers you over the rough spots. He guides you around insurmountable obstacles. He helps you through this tough thing called motherhood. 
 
Isn’t that wonderful news? God gives us the strength to carry on even when we feel that we can’t.  He is the one who can calm our fears and anxieties over our children.  The amount I love my children and want good for them is a drop in the bucket compared to God's love for them.  When we trust Him for our children and let Him work in their lives, it will turn out okay. 
 
Put those lambs in His capable hands.  He will care for them.  He loves your children and He loves you.  Let Him lead and follow Him, trusting that He knows where He is going.
 
Hear God's voice today, "It's okay."  "I'm here."  "I love you."

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live