Reasons to be Thankful

The past 6 days have been busy and when that happens I often forget to slow down and take some time to enjoy each moment. 

I'm working on a district-wide retreat for next weekend and while that naturally makes my life a bit crazy, I do want to take time to be thankful. 

I'm thankful for the following reasons.

💓 I'm teaching a Bible study on the Gospel of Matthew beginning tonight so have been putting the last minute touches on that. I'm so thankful for the opportunity I have to teach God's word. 

💓 I have a class I'm taking this year on mentoring. The first one is this Saturday and is 3 1/2 hours away. I'm thankful that the timing of the class this year is allowing Dan to come with me. Instead of being all day long which is what last year's class was, this is only 3 hours so he is going to find something to do while I'm in my class. I'm thankful that I'll have him as a traveling companion this month. 

💓 I had to update our health insurance application through the state which opened a whole can of worms. However, I'm thankful that I have until the end of the year to find a different insurance plan. 

💓 We had an out of town wedding that we went to this past weekend that Dan was officiating. I'm thankful for a beautiful wedding with perfect weather. It was like a mini-vacation for us both and it's always fun to celebrate love!


💓 I'm thankful for this man that I get to do life with.

💓Beautiful sunsets.

💓 Safe travels.

💓 The unexpected. This little guy was on a plant in a greenhouse we visited. 

💓 Items on my huge to-do list for the retreat slowly getting checked off.

💓 Beautiful fall flowers.


💓 A good visit with Emily. 


and finally...

💓 A new day to be thankful. I woke up at 3:45 a.m. and while I'm tired, I going to choose to be thankful for a few more hours to get some things done! 😉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live