Something Good


"Everyday may not be good, but there is something good in everyday."

~ Author unknown

It hasn't been a particularly good week and at times, I can be tempted to complain. I hate that I'm so prone to see the glass as half empty rather than half full. I work hard not to go down the road of whining, and one way that I do that is to try to see something good in each day, even if the majority of the day has been bad.

This week I saw these good gifts from God.

๐Ÿ’“Fall colors, still hanging on the trees.

๐Ÿ’“ Flowers that have survived a few frosts, as well as some snow. I brought these indoors to enjoy.


๐Ÿ’“ Hugging a friend tight in her loss.

๐Ÿ’“ A word of reminder that while we cannot take others' problems away, but we should strive to be the person who makes someone's life a little bit better.

๐Ÿ’“ These ladies from our church's Hooks and Needles group who helped me stuff goody bags for a Halloween outreach.


๐Ÿ’“ A few Etsy sales this week.


๐Ÿ’“ A surprise visit from my son.

๐Ÿ’“ Learning a new skill, pressure canning.


๐Ÿ’“ Options. Not everyone in the world has them.

All these small things have added up to a pretty good week so far. It's not a bad way to look at each day. We can all find at least one small thing to be thankful for. That reminds me...

๐Ÿ’“ God allowed me to wake up and take another breath this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live