At the End of the Day


At the end of each day I fall into bed and reflect back over the day. Some nights I wish I had done things differently and other nights, I feel satisfied at the fruit of my labor.


But I always ask myself the following questions. 

Did I show love and care to my loved ones?


Did I offer a listening ear to those who needed it?


Did I take pleasure in the simple things in life?


Did I show my family that I loved them by caring for their needs and making ordinary things special?


Did I work hard?



 Did I serve God faithfully?


Did I appreciate the gifts I received from the Lord today?


Did I show kindness, patience, love, joy, peace, faithfulness and gentleness to those around me even when they didn't show it to me?



If I can answer yes to a few of these then I believe it was a good day. I'm learning to realize that I may not do all of those things perfectly, but tomorrow is a new beginning and an opportunity to start over again. 

A successful life is measured by what you do in each small moment. Make each little moment count for eternity. At the end of your life, all those little successes will add up to a life well-spent. They may go unnoticed by many, but when I stand before God I hope to hear Him say, "Well done." 

And that is why I can sleep soundly at the end of the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live

When Christmas Doesn't Quite Feel Like Christmas