Stumbling Across my Strength


“I'm thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn't have stumbled across my strength.” 
~ Alexandria Elle

I came across this quote this morning and it struck a chord with me. It's coming up on the two year anniversary of my mother's death and I've been doing a lot of reflecting on both her life and my own. 

I have found that the greatest trials and struggles in my life have also shaped the biggest strengths I have. The most painful areas of my life have been used by God to mold me into a woman that can be used to minister to others.

The strengths I had wouldn't be there if I hadn't walked through the fire of trial. Because as I've had to wrestle with difficult circumstances that I had no control over, it caused me to learn to rely on the Lord. It created an understanding that no matter what I go through, He is with me in the trial. It made me realize that I am stronger than I think. I've learned to do things that I never thought I would be able to do.

And walking through the struggle helps us to learn that no matter how difficult a thing is that there will come a day when you realize that you made it through, and you have gained a new perspective and a new strength. 

In walking through those trials you stumble across some strengths you never knew you had. They never would have showed up if you didn't have to walk through the hard times.

My encouragement to you today is to get up, put your feet on the floor, face whatever it is you are going through and know that God will be with you and helping you walk through the fire. And you will gain new strength you never knew you had. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live

When Christmas Doesn't Quite Feel Like Christmas