Wednesday Words of Encouragement


 I often find myself lying awake in the middle of the night. I'm not sure if it's age, anxiety, or indigestion, but something I've begun doing the past couple of years is to use that time to pray.

Over the years, I've experienced the Lord's conviction, encouragement, comfort and instruction during these times. Rather than get irritated with the fact that I can't sleep, I've started using this time to listen to what God is trying to say to me.
What is neat about it is that rather than tossing and turning and counting the hours, as I pray about a situation I begin to feel His comfort and peace and am able to drift back off to sleep. I wake feeling more refreshed than I would have if I just lay there fretting.
He provides just the right counsel for my circumstances. I'm so thankful that we can take all our burdens and concerns to the Lord. He is always there even in the middle of the night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live