A Planting

 


When we are going through difficult times it's easy to begin to feel depressed, alone, anxious and as if know one understands what we are going through. We forget that sometimes those dark times are actually God planting us so that we can grow and stretch and draw closer to Him. Isaiah 61:3b says, "And they will be called righteous trees, planted by the Lord to glorify Him."

That has been the desire in my life. I want my life to bring God glory. I don't always do that so successfully. There are days when I am selfish and self-centered and try and bring myself the glory. Some days it seems as if all I can do is focus on what's not going right. However, those times when I stumble and I fail in that goal, I ask for forgiveness, get up and keep moving forward.

I want each trial I go through, each opportunity I receive, and every joy I have to be used to show others how good our Lord is, and how much He loves each person. I try to view my life as a planting of the Lord to point others to Him.

As I've grown in my walk with Him it's become a stronger desire and sometimes the stronger the desire, the more temptation there is for it not to happen. So each day is a  new opportunity to surrender my will and my preferences and an a fresh day to see what the the Lord has for me.

Each of us is a planting of the Lord. He plants us so that we will grow deep roots and can grow into a person who brings Him glory.

Will you allow the Lord to use your life to glorify Him?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live