Merry Christmas


Yesterday was a long one as I started out grocery shopping at 8:30 in the morning, worked 8 1/2 hours, and then finished up our Christmas shopping and went out to dinner at 7:30 p.m. I fell asleep in the first part of Midsomer Murder so have no idea who done it! lol

Because I zonked out in a recliner at 9 p.m., I was up at 4 a.m. and have another busy morning. Breakfast with friends, working at a friend's shop until 1 and then I finally can stay home to get my house clean.

This was a week of preparation. Preparing loaves of banana chocolate chip bread for gifts.

I did find time to do a couple of garlands just for the fun of it. 



I bought some really cute boxes and packaged and got our Christmas gifts in the mail for extended family. My sister called yesterday to tell my that the only complaint my brother-in-law had was that the box of cookies was not big enough. 😀


I finished up the Christmas cards. I fizzled at the end and didn't get one in the mail for all I planned on, but did quite a few.

Not everything is a success. I have attempted 4 batches of fudge. One out of the four set properly even with using a candy thermometer. It just seems to be so temperamental to me and I have the same problem every year. I think I'm sticking to cookies next year.

Other than the few things I got last night, my wrapping is all done. Does anyone else hate wrapping packages? Mine are never very pretty, but at least the job is finished.

My reading is put together for Christmas eve and I have assigned readings for others. On Wednesday I finished up the bulletins and the church is all ready for the weekend. 

One thing that I was never told was that, as the pastor's wife, that somehow it has become my job to keep the poinsettias alive all through the month of December. I'm proud to say that I succeeded this year and they still look beautiful! 😅

We received these beautiful flowers yesterday from the parents of Emily's boyfriend. That was a nice surprise.


I'm thankful that Emily and Ryan made it to his parents safe and sound last night ahead of the storm that is hitting this weekend. 

Stephen has to work until mid-afternoon tomorrow and then is headed here. I've cautioned him that there is a blizzard warning for the area he would normally travel through so to try and head south and then across the state that way. It seems like the brunt of it will be north of us along the Lake Ontario shoreline. However, I will rest easier when he has made it.

It's been a really different kind of holiday season as I juggle working and the kids are grown. Normally the week between Christmas and New Year's is a down week, but Stephen is moving to a new apartment on Wednesday, and we are headed out his way to help him move.

This afternoon and tomorrow I'll be prepping for the meals. We always do just finger foods/appetizer dishes for Christmas eve. This year, I opted for lasagna for Christmas Day so I can just pop it in the oven after church. 

After Dan picks me up this afternoon from work, we just need to grab a couple of stocking gifts and I need to deliver some goodies to our neighbors, but I am thankful that I am finished with my preparations.

Take some time in the busyness to stop for a few moments and just soak in the wonderful message of Christ's birth: God with us - Immanuel.

Merry Christmas! 

Comments

  1. Merry Christmas Terri. I hope you can find a little time for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Terri, to you and your wonderful family! You are a blessing to anyone who knows your
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy! Merry Christmas to you as well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live