Multitude Monday


I was at a conference last week and spent it in a really beautiful hotel. I jokingly said that it was going to spoil me for anything else. 

It was 4 days connecting with old and new friends, being encouraged in how to better care for our denomination's International Workers and spending time hearing from the Lord in relation to my own church and district ministry.

The main challenge I face when I go to these conferences is trying to figure out what are the one or two things I can implement in my ministry. I hear so many great ideas and I want to do them all, but that is not realistic. So I'm trying to figure out which is feasibly doable given our church and ministry.

One of the fun aspects of the conference was that I went with friends and because the city we were in had so many different nationalities living within it, the food choices were fantastic. We had Korean, Indian, Somalian and Vietnamese cuisine and it was all delicious. 


I am thankful to be back home with a slower pace for the next few weeks so I can catch up on what needs to get done here. I'm working on registration materials and a digital mailing for a district-wide spring conference and that is going to require a lot of my focus.

I'm thankful for so many things this morning.

💓 Safety while traveling and perfect weather which is not always a reality in the northeast in January.

💓 Brand new flooring in our church basement to replace the 30 year old carpeting.


💓 A fantastic worship service yesterday. Ten visitors, lots of babies, a great message and a wonderful time of fellowship afterwards.

💓 Celebrating my father-in-law's 88th birthday.

💓 Inspiring stories of how God is at work around the globe. 

💓 Having fun back in the kitchen.

💓 A husband who still makes me laugh after all these years.

💓 Great discussions in my small group.

💓 A slower pace.

and finally...

💓 Confirmation of God's call on my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live