Three is the Number


I'm 24 days into the new year without having written down one goal for the year. But today is finally the day when I set my pen to paper or I should say my fingers to the keyboard. 

This year, my goals are going to look different as I enter 2023. I'm going to try and stop putting so much internal pressure on myself which just leads to me feeling dissatisfied and uptight with myself.

My goal this year is to cease and desist the "busyness" and slow down to smell the roses.


To do a better job of delegating and actually enjoying my life. To let go and realize I do not have to do it all!


But the things I love - walking in nature, photography, sewing,  writing, creating, decorating -- are the things that rejuvenate me and give me joy. So I want to spend some time each week making space to do those things.


Another goal is to move more. Because so much of what I do is administrative type work, I sit for most of the time. But as I'm getting older I'm noticing a negative side effect to all that sitting. I'm stiffening up. I'm seeing the signs of arthritis setting in. So I'm not focusing on the scale, but I do need to get my body into gear. 


A third goal is to continue to declutter and organize my house. I got a good start on it last year, but there is much more to do. My "junk" seems to multiply over time so I'm working on that. As a creative person I have a difficult time getting rid of some things, but I know that it's necessary. 


And that's it this year. It's not a lot but I think three is a good number and these are doable. I think even only setting three is a sign that I'm moving in the right direction. Normally, I'd have about 15 among 5 categories and then only get about half of them done. 

I say better late than never and I'm looking at a slower paced, active and creative new year!

Comments

  1. This all sounds wise to me...active, and creative, but not frantically busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so much like what I've decided to do this year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live