Multitude Monday


It was such a busy week and this one is shaping up to be the same. I'm preparing for a large woman's conference and have been working on all the last minute details for that. 

However, I didn't want Monday to go by without stopping for a few moments and reflecting on the many things for which I'm thankful.

Yesterday after church, Dan and I took a few hours and went on a 5 mile hike in the Allegheny National Forest at a spot we've been to a few times. It was the perfect day for it as it was warm and sunny. Being out in nature and hiking was the perfect way to rejuvenate my spirits. However, I must say that I need to do things in moderation because I went from hardly walking this winter to doing a 5 mile hike. I limped along the last mile or so and could barely walk last night. I'm thankful I'm doing better this morning!

There are many things I'm thankful for this week.

💖 We had a wonderful Easter. I went and picked up Dan's parents and my sister-in-law, my children and Emily's boyfriend were here. Of course, I forgot to take pictures other than the cookies. My decorating skills leave much to be desired. I was going for a Monet look here. lol I'm thankful for a great family time.

💖 We got rid of the pews at our church and replaced them with chairs. I'm so thankful for the grant we received that allowed us to do this quicker than we thought possible.


💖 I'm thankful that the timing of people taking pews and the chair delivery worked perfectly. I don't like the unknown and so the fact that people showed up when they said and the delivery went smoothly was amazing!

💖 I'm thankful for volunteers who came and put together the backs of the chairs (they came without those attached) and who also unbolted the pews from the floor and helped those who were coming to pick them up. 


💖 Things have been moving quickly with Nathan's services and I am thankful for that. We have a meeting with a care coordinator next Monday.
 
💖 I'm thankful for reminders that God is at work in my life.

💖 I hit my head on the corner kitchen cupboard at the church on Friday as I bent to pick something up off the floor and stood back up quickly. It was a cupboard that wasn't over a countertop and I split the top of my head open. I ended up needing a staple, but I am really thankful it wasn't worse than that. I was by myself and managed to get the bleeding under control before I went off to Urgent Care. It does feel weird to have a metal staple sticking out of my head!

💖 I'm thankful for things that are beginning to bloom!


💖 As we walked yesterday and my knees started to hurt more and more, I finally stopped at an overlook spot about a half a mile from the parking lot. I decided to sit on a stone wall overlooking the valley while Dan went the rest of the way to get the car. As I sat there in absolute silence, feeling the warm breeze on my face, all of these worship songs started going through my head. I started singing out loud and worshiping the Lord with tears streaming down my face. Anyone coming by would have thought I was strange, but I didn't care. That's why I love to get out in nature in walk. It's what brings me into the presence of God.

And I'm so thankful for that "church" time yesterday afternoon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live