Keeping my Feet on the Ground


This blog was quiet last week as I had an inspiring week away at our denomination's National Council in Spokane, Washington. 2500 official workers from around the U.S. gathered together to worship, conduct business, and fellowship. It was wonderful, but exhausting. 

I'm trying to readjust to our time zone and am moving slow today. It can be difficult after being encouraged and hearing wonderful stories from others in ministry to come back to your own reality. It's hard to come back down to the ground after feeling like you are on the clouds all week.

However, I find myself re-energized to keep moving forward. Some things have changed as a result of decisions made last week. Most notably is that I am now recognized as consecrated and ordained and am allowed to have the title, pastor. 

But that decision doesn't really change too much in my reality. I still clean the church each week (someone has to scrub those toilets - lol)! I still am "Terri" and I still have large and small tasks to do. A title doesn't change that nor do I care about the title.

My desire has always been to use the gifts that God has given me and to have others allow me to walk in the calling that God has placed on my life. I honestly don't think God is so cruel to give someone particular gifts and then not allow them to use them. 

The key no matter what spiritual gifts you have and no matter if you are a man or a woman, a pastor or a layperson, is to walk humbly and keep your feet on the ground. The only reason we can have any influence or success that lasts is if we allow the Lord to be glorified in all we say and do. 

And that is the only thing that matters to me. I want to represent Jesus no matter what I'm doing. Titles come and go and only what is done for Him is what lasts.

So as my mother used to say, when I get too big for my britches, I remind myself that the Lord is the one who gives us good gifts and I will to continue to follow where He leads with humility. 

Comments

  1. When others relate their stories and it seems that everything is hunky dory for them and hard work for me, I remember my parents oft repeated phrase "the Lord did not call you to be successful, he called you to be faithful" if Jesus humbled himself to wash his disciples smelly feet, he will certainly bless you for scrubbing those toilets in his name! Terri, your ministry is God given, whatever title others bestow on you. Bless you in ALL your service for him 👍❤️🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! I keep reminding myself of the same thing!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live