End of August "Tidying up" Recap

 


It's been two months since I made the change to eat plant based and whole foods and I'm loving the results I'm seeing with very minimal effort. 

Because I've always made everything from scratch this hasn't been a challenge that way at all. I've continued to cook the way I always have only without all the fat and sugar. I've cut way back on my salt intake as well. I still do use it because I think it does enhance the flavor, but I'm not using anywhere near the amount I used to do.

It's been really helpful to listen to some podcasts from different doctors and nutritionists and learn how to make better choices even within a plant-based diet. 


Because my family eats whatever I make for them, they have been eating healthier as well. 


I've had to navigate a couple of tricky situations and as long as I have a plan going in then I find it's not that difficult. Being away from home for extended periods of time is a little difficult, but planning ahead does help.

I'm continuing to take a good B-complex vitamin and I daily eat some flax or chia seeds to make sure I'm getting my intake of Omega-3 fatty acids. I've felt great and see some changes in my health. I no longer have the tingling in my hands. I have more energy. I'm not feeling lethargic in the middle of the day like I was. 

And the major plus is that I have lost 20 lbs. in 2 months without feeling deprived. That's a huge win! 

The weight loss is not the purpose of this blog, but I thought I'd give a monthly end of the month update to hopefully, encourage others in their weight-loss journey.

Comments

  1. Congratulations with your success on your new eating plan! Your meals look absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20 lbs! That is interesting, Terri. My daughter in law is on a plant based diet, out of choice , and seems to have all sorts of different dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really are so many different delicious dishes you can make.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live