Every Good Gift


James 1:17 ~ 

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 


So much in my life has changed over the past 4 years and while I'm not always happy about it, I am thankful that the Lord never changes. He still remains faithful. He still gives good gifts. He still bestows blessing upon me in different ways. 

Sometimes I forget to thank Him for the many ways I see Him at work each day. I'm thankful for a weekly exercise of looking back over the previous week and giving thanks. It's an important exercise because when I don't do it I find I start to get disgruntled and ungrateful. I start viewing everything in a negative light and feeling dissatisfied with my life.

So today I want to give thanks for the following things.

💓 Changing seasons and signs of the coming autumn.


💓 Chats with our children. 


💓 My husband who loves being involved in the community.

💓 A productive week of canning. We will enjoy these all year long. 




💓 Listening to a friend share her heart with me.

💓 Continuing to learn new ways of eating and seeing great results.


💓 My son had two job interviews last week and the one looks promising. I'm thankful he is learning a lesson from this whole experience and has kept a fairly upbeat attitude for the past 2 1/2 months without work.

💓 Safety on the road as Dan and I drove 7 hours (round trip) to drop our district's car off to one of our international workers home for the year.

💓 Weeds that are just as beautiful as flowers.


💓 We received notice that we were losing our New York state medical insurance at the end of the year and had to pick a new plan which was going to cost us quite a bit of money. Inexplicably, we received a second notice a few months later that we are now able to stay on the same plan. Thankful for this reprieve.

and finally...

💓 God's good gifts that are given daily.


Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live