Pausing in the Crunch Time

I turned the page to September and life got crazy all of the sudden. I've been busy working on multiple projects and events and my head is spinning a bit. So this blog has been on a the quiet side. 

I spent yesterday morning writing as I was asked to submit a month's worth of Advent devotions for a women's group, Empower, that is partnered with our denomination. Empower is a developmental program that is designed to help women to be equipped, inspired, and prepared to grow in ministry. That deadline is coming up so I'm feeling that crunch.

I am speaking at another church this Sunday so I put together that talk this week. I still need to run through that a few times and am feeling the crunch there.

Our church's annual meeting is next Sunday after church and I've been trying to get things ready for that as well. For some reason I kept thinking there was a whole week in between. I realized last night that there isn't. Yikes! Crunch time.

Then there are multiple church events coming up over the next month and a half which need to get organized. Yep. Feeling crunched.

And I'm helping a friend by working at her shop quite a few times over the next month (including today).

When I'm feeling that major time crunch it's easy to let things slide, such as my time with the Lord each morning. But I know that if I don't intentionally set aside that time I will end up cranky and out-of-sorts. 

So regardless of my to-do list and the time crunch I feel, I'm pausing each day for that time of prayer and connecting to the Word. And I'm trying to stop, listen and then proceed. In other words, I'm not hurriedly reading a few words and breathing out a quick prayer so I can cross it off my list. But I'm really wanting to spend time soaking in the Lord's presence so I'm ready to face whatever is coming my way.  

When I take time to pause, no matter what is happening, I don't feel so overwhelmed. I'm centered and ready to take it one task at a time. Psalm 23 says that the Lord leads me beside quiet waters and He refreshes my soul. When I spend time with Him no matter what craziness is going on around me, I am restored and refreshed.

I don't feel so crunched after time spent with Him.


Psalm 23 ~

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.

Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.


Comments

  1. Psalm 23 means so much to me. It was my support during my husband's illness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live

When Christmas Doesn't Quite Feel Like Christmas