Getting out and Enjoying the Season


This year Dan and I decided to attempt to get out and do some fun things instead of just letting busyness overtake the season. We need to push ourselves at times because at night we kind of just want to stay at home. Here in the northern hemisphere it is so cold and dark this time of the year and easier to not go out. But we are trying to intentionally pick something to do at least once a week. 

Last night we did our first Christmasy thing by attending a big band concert with some friends. It was hosted by a local church. I never know what to expect at some of these events, but this was excellent. It was the Christmas story told in song through a swing band.

The quality of this photo is terrible because of the lighting.

The weather was beautiful yesterday with bright sunshine and temperatures hovering around 50 degrees which was really unusual. We were able to get out and hike a bit in the afternoon. 





Today's plan is to go and do some Christmas shopping. I'm going by myself to do that and Dan and Nathan are headed out together. I told them to buy me something good! 😉

The weather seems like it's going to cooperate for most of the day (rain is expected tonight) so it should be pleasant to be out.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Comments

  1. Lovely photo of ducks on the river.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so trusting saying 'buy me something good' I actually ask for things or write down three things and choose one! The big band concert sounded really good, the sort of thing I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They generally do a good job and to be honest, their hearts are in the right place. lol I like surprises.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live