Caution: Work Ahead

Philippians 1:3-6 ~  

I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

I woke up at 3 a.m. and was unable to get back to sleep. Things were weighing heavy on my mind and I finally made my way downstairs, picked up my Bible and started to read.

When I stumble and mess up either with my actions or my attitude, I have a hard time letting it go. And when I express my bad attitude to others then I start to beat myself up, spiral downward, and feel like a failure in my walk with the Lord.

This morning I started reading in the second chapter of Philippians to remind myself of what humility looks like and something made me go back and start at the beginning. I'm thankful I did because I was reminded once again that God continually uses my weaknesses and stumbling to help me to grow and mature in Him. 

When I allow Him to take those broken and weak areas of my life, He works to draw me to Himself and He speaks His truth to my heart. As I allow Him to work, I can have confidence that He will finish what He started in my life. 

Stumbling, especially when it happens in front of others, is a humbling thing. But humility is the only way I can approach the Lord so it's not all bad. He uses those moments of weakness to shape me into a woman that can be used by Him.

I'm a work in progress and am thankful that God does not give up on me. I'm sure I'll mess up again, but because I know God is working I will always refuse to give up.

Caution: Work Ahead

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live