When the Unexpected Becomes the Expected


Ephesians 3:20-21 ~

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Throughout my life, God has shown up in the most unexpected ways. Often, when I'm in a situation where there seems to be no way out or around it, He works in ways I never could have imagined and does more than I ever could have expected. 

I love that about the Lord. We are so limited in our view of life and yet, He loves to work in amazing ways. I've seen this so often throughout the years that I'm starting to expect the unexpected from Him.

In 2024 I'm anticipating more of the same. I am looking forward to seeing how He will work in some of those hard places in my life and ministry. But even if it doesn't seem as if things are changing, I know the following:

  • I can expect Him to change my heart and attitude.
  • I can expect Him to show up each and every day.
  • I can expect Him to keep His promises to me.
  • I can expect Him to be the same God He has been throughout the generations.

God does more than our finite minds can imagine and for that I'm thankful on this Monday morning. That is the hope I hang onto in the new year and that same hope is available to us all. 

I'm looking back over the past week in thanks for all the ways the Lord has blessed me

💗 We got to spend Friday afternoon with my daughter and her fiancé to celebrate a belated Christmas. 

💗 Christmas is down and put away and Valentine's Day décor is out. I'm thankful for a fresh look to the house. 

💗 I was able to get some organizational projects done, such as cleaning and organizing my sewing room/office.


💗 A growing nursery at church which is exciting.

💗 Some puttering days at home, doing recipe development. These are apple-oat muffins which have no dairy, eggs, oil or gluten. They were very good. I'm starting the process of putting together a cookbook which will be available for sale when it's done. I'm actually envisioning an e-book or pdfs with groupings of recipes in each.


💗 I'm thankful for continued forward progress on my weight-loss journey. I've lost 57 lbs. and am feeling very good.

💗 I received an invitation to bring my books to a conference and am looking forward to that.

💗 I'm thankful that the Lord is opening doors for me in certain areas of my life.

and finally...

💗 I am thankful that He continues to show up in unexpected ways, allowing me to see His love for me.

Comments

  1. I think an e cookbook would be wonderful Terri, and please include that delicious looking salad, with I think, chickpeas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, yes, it's chickpeas, pomegranates and sunflower seeds.

      Delete
    2. I was delighted to find pomegranate seeds in our big frozen food store (called Iceland) They thaw quickly to make a great addition to salads or garnish for desserts - without the complication of preparing the fruit. And economical because you sometimes only need a small spoonful.... May God bless and guide you in this new year Terri - I'm sure the Lord had new areas of service ahead which you have never dreamed of!

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Angela! Stepping out in faith.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live