Sacrifice

I was busily running around the church this morning, vacuuming, straightening, getting bulletins ready and figuring out a children's church lesson. I have company coming on Sunday and still need to get the house ready for that as well as prep. I'm going to have to drive and pick up my in-laws before church (a little over an hour each way) and get them into the building, settled, and then do children's church, etc.

I could feel my attitude disintegrating very quickly and was kind of feeling sorry for myself. (Just being honest). I started feeling a bit resentful that I never get to enjoy the celebration because I'm working to make it nice for everyone else. 

Then I heard a still quiet voice say, "Who are you doing it for?" "Isn't the sacrifice I gave worth more than of all your minor inconveniences?" Ouch. That brought me up short, caused me to ask for forgiveness and shifted my attitude. How can I complain over petty stuff when I reflect on the magnitude of what was done for me?

Have a blessed Good Friday. As you reflect on the sacrifice that was made for each of us, I hope you too, bow in a prayer of worship and appreciation. 

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live