Speaking Words of Blessing

 


I had such a weird dream last night. In my dream I knew my time was coming to an end and I had different friends, family and acquaintances come where I was and  I read a blessing over them. The weird part was that it was a spoken word poem that I had written. πŸ˜€

But as I lay in bed this morning reflecting on the dream, it brought a smile to my face. A wonderful way to go is being able to leave a word of encouragement to those in your life. To let them know how much you love them and speak a word of blessing over them.

I've tried to live my life that way though I know I'm not always success at it. But that is my goal; to connect with people and speak blessing over them. I want to encourage them with my words and with my life and leave their lives better because it intersected with mine. I think that is a worthwhile goal we all should strive to achieve.

As I think about the past week I feel thankful for the following things.

πŸ’“ My middle son is in between jobs and doing deliveries to make ends meet before his new job starts. But I'm thankful that he is calm and seems at peace.

πŸ’“ I was able to get much accomplished in editing the new book. I just received the second proof in the mail and it should be all set to publish within a week. I've been "cooking" through the recipes to make sure all is clear.

πŸ’“ I'm slowly, but surely, making progress on my women's conference at the end of April. All the details are coming together.

πŸ’“ I serve as the women's director for our district women's ministry and one of my primary roles is keeping in touch with our International Workers and getting their prayer needs and physical needs out to our district churches. Sometimes it seems as if it's such a small and meaningless role. But when I'm able to connect a need one of our workers has with a local church who can meet that need with a very quick turn-around, it makes me happy. 

πŸ’“ I am thankful for a wonderful Saturday. We met my daughter, her fiancΓ© and his parents and brother for lunch and then a round of miniature golf. I'm thankful that he has a solid family and for a good relationship with them.

πŸ’“ Yesterday was such a wonderful day in church. We had a Palm Sunday breakfast, followed by our service which concluded with a children's "hosanna" parade around the sanctuary and then an Easter egg hunt. There was definitely a joyful spirit there.

It was a good week. I'm thankful for the many ways that the Lord is reminding me to be a voice that speaks blessing over someone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live