Standing on the Threshold


Ecclesiastes 3:11 ~ He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

There is so much in this world and in my life that I don't understand. There seems to be no purpose to pain and suffering and struggle. And I sometimes question, "Why would God allow this?" It's hard to reconcile what I know of God's goodness and mercy with the hard things that people walk through. 

And yet, according to chapter 3 in Ecclesiastes there is a time and purpose for all things. The circumstances that we face, both good and bad, have a broader purpose that we may never know until we stand face to face with the Lord. In the grand scheme of eternity, what I struggle with here on earth may be part of a larger picture that I can't see. God's mysterious will shall be revealed one day and my piece of the puzzle will fit into the grander picture. 

For now, I am learning to be content of seeing just a glimmer of that from time to time. We are standing on the threshold of eternity and God, in His graciousness, gives us an inkling from time to time of His beautiful masterpiece. I'm so thankful for those glimpses because they give me hope and keep me moving forward. I can't wait for that beautiful day in the future when I will no longer be hovering on the threshold, but will walk with Him in glory.

That will be a day of complete peace and rejoicing as I see how all the pieces of my life fit together into HIs wonderful plan. 

Monday is the day I give thanks for the many ways I've seen God at work.

💓 I started the week out feeling pretty stressed about different things going on and yet, I ended the week with His peace so I'm thankful for that.

💓 We got to spend time with my niece and her son. I haven't seen her in about 12 years so that was nice.

💓 I'm thankful for accountants who are believers and are good at what they do and are helping us see how we can make changes for next year's tax season.

💓 We are entering into a season that I always love when I can reflect on the sacrifice Christ made for us and the reason I can have hope in the hard times.

💓 Thankful for a nursery full of babies and little ones. Four years ago we had only one child and now we have a church-full.

💓 I'm thankful for choices. Not many people in the world have them.

💓 I am thankful for my children. We don't always see eye to eye, but we have a good relationship and they talk to us regularly about the things going on in their lives.

and finally...

💓 Glimpses I see from time to time of how God is working all things for my benefit and His wonderful plan. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live