Connected Threads


I spent the weekend away at a woman's conference that I've spent the past 6 months planning and organizing. It was a wonderful event despite the fact I forgot an entire segment in the afternoon session on Saturday. I remembered after we were finished. However, I wasn't too sad because it was fine without it and that also just meant I was able to stay in the moment instead of constantly thinking about what was next during the speaker's message.

As I reflected on everything both yesterday and this morning I was thankful for the opportunity to lead in our district this way. My primary role is to connect women for Kingdom impact. 

I connect them to our international workers overseas by sharing prayer concerns and needs our workers have. So for example, when one of our workers are coming home and need a car or their college age children here in the states need a place to stay or there is any need at all, I'm always thrilled when I make a connection and their need is provided for them. I'm thankful when I can mobilize our district churches to pray for our workers overseas.

I connect our women for kingdom impact by being a resource for materials and ideas in their women's groups. This primarily is for those smaller churches who don't have a lot of resources. I'm here if they need me for some reason. Sometimes, I am invited to come and speak to their groups.

Then I connect our district women to each other through holding district-wide events 3 times a year. This is one of the events my team just hosted. They are so much work and each time at the end I think, "I'm ready to retire from this ministry." But I also find so much joy in them. What I love most is being able to connect with women from around our district to encourage, pray and just listen to them.

These three threads of connecting points are what brings me joy in my ministry to our district. I love what I do. I know that at some point in the not too distant future that will change as my time comes to an end in this position. But for now, I will continue to connect the threads and connect women to make a difference in God's kingdom.



Comments

  1. That sounds like a very fulfilling occasion Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely ministry, and I am sure many friendships are formed which will last and be a blessing to others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been wonderful seeing the same ladies year after year as well as getting to know new ones.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live