Readjustment






Giant snapping turtle under the water.


We've had a lot of rain this month and many of the trails at the Audubon Center where I walk run through wetlands. Last Saturday Dan and I went for a walk there only to discover one of the bridges we use was under water.


We made it through this little patch, but then as we went further on the trail we found that the entire section of forest was flooded.


This is the first time since we've moved here that the outer trail has been under water. After looking for a way through we ended up turning around and going back the way we came. When we came to a cross-trail we continued on our walk.

As the week went on the flooding has gotten worse. So I've had to readjust my walking. There is just no way through the water without getting soaked. I'm not wading through knee- deep water, especially with snapping turtles, snakes and who knows what else lurking in the depths!

I find the same to be true when facing obstacles in my path in life. I'll be going merrily along my way and then I run into a difficulty. My initial reaction is to want to give up, but then after a day or two of mulling it over and trying to figure out a solution, I eventually get around the obstacle. It may mean I find a way to circumvent the problem or at other times, I find that I have to go back and readjust the way I approach it.

But I'm always thankful that after spending some time thinking about it and praying about it the Lord often gives me a new perspective and fresh eyes to see the obstacle I'm facing. It may take me longer to continue down a path and there may be a mourning period of not being able to go the direction I wanted, but I find that God gives me the strength to keep going and not just give up.

Whatever you are facing today, don't give in to fear or discouragement and give up. You may need to readjust your thinking or goal or you may need to head in a different direction. Ask the Lord for wisdom to face the obstacle. Keep on keeping on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live