Three Things

 

As I read this verse in Philemon I see three things:


1. Faith is active and not passive. We participate in our faith through actively spending time in God's word and prayer, by ministering to others, and through seeking to become more like Christ through surrendering our will and being sanctified. Are you participating?


2. Our faith becomes effective as we understand who God is. As we come to understand our position in Christ and the attributes and characteristics of God, our faith grows and deepen. Our faith is effective when we reflect those same characteristics because every good characteristic is in us as children of God. Effective faith is the opposite of a stagnant faith. Are you growing?

3. And our lives are to bring glory to Christ. Everything we do should be pointing to Him. If people can see Jesus through us than our faith is effective. If they can't then we need to evaluate ourselves.  Are you glorifying Jesus?

That sure is a lot of meat in one little verse!


NOTE: Well, my blog move to my website was short-lived! I couldn't get the page to load no matter how I tried. It does no good to write blog posts that I can't share here or on Facebook. And there was no way to add a comment section to the blog on GoDaddy. Sorry for all the confusion!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live