When You Realize Just How Little You Can Control

Not my photo

I admit it. I'm a bit of a control freak and it brings me comfort to make sure I can have all my ducks in a row. But the reality is none of us can control anything that happens in our life.

Monday we had a total solar eclipse and it was such an awesome experience. It had been a cloudy day here in Western New York, but the clouds parted for much of the beginning of the event. 

We put on our special glasses we had purchased and oohed and aahed at the sight. 

But sure enough in typical lake-effect fashion the clouds rolled right back over the spectacle in time for totality. 


But it truly was a very cool experience to have total darkness come over the area at 3:20 p.m. It went dark, the birds that had been merrily singing suddenly stopped  and within a few minutes it was light again. Very surreal.

We did get a glimpse of the event for a couple of seconds when the clouds parted a bit. But I wasn't really disappointed because it really was a wonderful experience. 

This was the sad picture I took with my "end of it's life" cell phone. 😅



 As I reflected on the day I was reminded again that we humans really have no control over anything. We try our best, but in a second the little thread of control we have can slip away.

I am thankful that I know the One who has ultimate control over this universe, but also every aspect of my life. I may have no control, but the God who does is intimately concerned about me.

Colossians 1:15-17 ~

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 

Comments

  1. It was amazing watching the umbra coming across the lake. Something we will never forget.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live