The Noiseless Splash of Sunrise


There is a poem I love by Walt Whitman entitled, Morning, that has a line that talks about the noiseless splash of sunrise.

I love this time of the day when everyone else is sleeping and the it's just me and the morning light. The sun is up earlier now and the past couple of days I have found I'm waking up extremely early. It has been dark when I rise, but after spending time with the Lord in prayer and heading back upstairs to grab a second cup of coffee, this sight greeted me. 


That splash of sunrise gives me a sense of anticipation to see what this day holds. Each day is different here and I love the varied activities of each day. Some days are harder than others and some are more mundane than the one before, but each is unique. I am thankful for that. 

Yesterday was busy and full. Today will be the same, but with different activities. Yet each day is one of the knowledge that I am walking in the path that God has laid out for me. And that brings me peace.

He has measured out each of my steps in this short life I have. I want to make sure I'm walking in the direction He would have me go and doing all that He has given me to do on my time on this planet.

In the noiseless splash of sunrise, I spend time listening and praying and waiting for my marching orders for the day. And then I move forward in the plan He has for me today.

I know it will be a good day because no matter what comes my way, God is walking with me into the sunrise and He will remain with me when the sun goes down.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live