Smorgasbord

Today's post is going to be a smorgasbord of recent life. There is a lot going on and I've been busy with a multiple things. This week has been so crazy that other than Monday I haven't even been able to get out and walk. I did manage to decorate for fall last weekend.

I've been preparing for two retreats this weekend. One is a district-wide retreat for the women from different churches. That goes from this evening until tomorrow afternoon. The other is a retreat for my leadership team that starts tomorrow evening through Sunday afternoon. I've been busy working on both of these events.

Next weekend I am the main speaker for a woman's retreat in the Catskill Mountains. I am speaking four times and have been attempting to work on those talks in between preparing for this weekend's event. 

I've had multiple meets for both our district, church, and other ministries I'm involved in. I've had doctor's appointments for my son that I've needed to go to. On top of the retreat planning, I've dealt with tree people who took down a huge towering maple tree in our back yard that was dying and  eventually would have toppled onto either our house or our neighbors. Of course, that added to the chaos as I dealt with ear-splitting noise from the crane, chainsaws and stump grinders. 

Canning applesauce was not really on my agenda, but needed to happen before the apples went bad. I still have a bushel of tomatoes that I must take care of next week in between working on my messages.

Then I fell down the black hole of wedding videos and photos when my daughter sent me the link to her videos and photos. What special memories and I had to keep telling myself to stop looking at them and get working on those messages! 🤣 




My car is packed and there is room to squeeze in my passenger and her suitcase but little else. I'm headed out in a couple of hours and then the whirlwind weekend starts. 

When I feel overwhelmed, I like the quote by Elizabeth Elliott, "How do you eat an elephant?" "One bite at a time." Now if that pesky elephant would stop having baby elephants I'd be good!

Have a wonderful weekend!



Comments

  1. Lovely pictures- especially of the wedding. How happy you all look. I hope you get your canning done - such tasks cannot wait, or the produce goes to waste. I should love to attend your retreat in the Catskills!! I hope you find space during your time there to have some quiet retreat time yourself. You should not be the one person who goes home without any blessing and refreshment !! Autumn is in the way here- leaves turning golden, misty mornings..all we have needed, his hand has provided. Great is His faithfulness 🙏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live

When Christmas Doesn't Quite Feel Like Christmas